The War Within review by Shadows Fall

• Released: Sep 21, 2004
Shadows Fall: The War Within

I always liked mateal, but most American heavy metal doesn't compare with some of the Norwegian and British metal bands. After listening to the crunchy, technical, and dark layered guitars of Shadow's Fall, I've changed my mind. America does produce good metal bands! There are exceptions like Slayer, but you have to hear this band. The drums are great, and this band is just mind blowing. Bass lines fit very well and give atmoshpere to the music.

The lyrics are great, they are fresh and aren't complaining about the goverment or their girlfriends. Deep lyrics, and they are sang in context with the music, but I'd really like to have some more singing, not screaming.

Great album and it has a very classic rock/metal feel and that's what makes it a good album. You can't talk bad about the musical ability, and the singing, is still pretty good even though they scream so much. Great CD, if it was stolen or lost, id by it. It was very cheap to buy, and I'm proud they are not rock sell outs in it for the money!