The War Within review by Shadows Fall

• Released: Sep 21, 2004
Shadows Fall: The War Within

Shadows Fall guitarist are awesome, their shredding solos are sick and very fast, some of the regular guitar solo sounds really emotional and relaxing, they also play good fast melodic and heavy riffs. Jonathan Donais and Matthew Bachand are very talented metal guitarist. Shadows Fall sounds are death metal to melodic death and some thrash influences. True they are actually metal. Brian Fair death growling or grunt and thrash singing and a slight touch of metalcore/hardcore is very good, and the guitarist do a really awesome growl sounds like a real death metal growl. Jason a very good drummer with double bass kick on his drums and Paul is very good bassist too. Shadows Fall musician makes the best sound and their singing growl as well. This album is probaly the best album they made so far and they improved alot now.

The lyric is very good and discriptive and it's like a well written poetry. The singer Brian Fair does death growling or grunt and thrash singing and a little bit of metalcore/hardcore singing, the two guitarist death growls or grunt as well in some parts of the songs.

Shadows Fall are my favorite band in the whole world and the guitarists have the most talent and it compares to alot great metal bands out there. I like everything about Shadows Fall they are totally awesome. I would not let anyone steal this album or lose it cause I keep everything safe and I have all the Shadows Fall albums.