She Wants Revenge review by She Wants Revenge

• Released: Jan 31, 2006
She Wants Revenge: She Wants Revenge

She Wants Revenge is a very original band, that has a very unique sound. It's a little rock, dance, and is somewhat gothic. The singing is strange on some songs. They are influenced by Depeche Mode, and obsessed with Joy Division (haven't really listened to them). I guess the best way to describe them is gothic dance pop.

The lyrics are very very well written on this CD. They say that all the songs are written about relationships they've been in at one time or another, so they put a lot of thought into what they wrote. The lyrics create an interesting mix with the technoish music. The singer isn't the greatest, but he gets the job done, especially on "Tear You Apart", "These Things", and "Sister". I would say these guys know how to write good lyrics.

I would say that this cd is very solid, but it is also an experimental band, so some tracks are going to come off strange. Not everyone is going to like it, but "Tear You Apart", "Red Flags And Long Nights", "These Things", and the darker "Sister" are very good songs. The rest of the cd will really depend on the listener, but it is definitely a very well put together album. I like how these guys make a pop cd, but still make sure they keep it original, and write good lyrics, not the crap that you hear out of most pop bands. I would probably buy it again eventually if I lost it or it was stolen, eventually because I don't buy many CD's since I don't have a lot of money to throw around. I would definitely suggest checking this CD out. If you give it a listen, I guarantee you will find yourself singing some of the songs for a long time.

wizking
    we opened for these guys in norfolk va. you forgot to add they are fun guys!
    creepypelican
    wizking wrote: we opened for these guys in norfolk va. you forgot to add they are fun guys!
    did you really? that's pretty cool. I'm sure they are cool guys, they've seemed laid back in the interviews i've seen them in.
    sponj
    She Wants Revenge is a very original band, that has a very unique sound.
    not
    UnsignedRecords
    the cd is pretty good, but it doesn't seem too original. i've noticed that in certain songs there's an essence of franz ferdinand, fischerspooner, interpol, and even the backstreet boys (monologue) haahha.
    other
    I like these guys, a little simplistic but they're not too bad
    crash_course
    I wish I could've gone to the show. I live so close but I had some test or something the next morning.
    Biggs
    I wanted to buy this album just for the artwork...I think the cover/back is awesome.
    hengler
    I picked this up the other day, very good album. I actually bought it purely on recommendation, having never heard anything by them before, but I love it. The first three tracks are all fantastic. People have said that it's not very original, imo it is. There are many clear influences on the band, but depite the fact you can pick out that they've obviously been influenced by bands like Interpol, Joy Division, Depeche Mode, etc. they don't actually sound like any of those bands. Singer's voice takes a little getting used to though.
    nothingface187
    I actually heard the song, "These Things" in a strip club, while i was getting a lap dance. That alone made me want to get the album. Good Album though, I like it a lot, probably an 8.5 out of 10 in my book.
    eastwoodfan92
    "I heard it's cold out, but her popsicle melts" - that made me go buy the album. Then I fell in LOVE with "Tear You Apart" and "Sister" so I think you were right on in picking the best songs on the record. Nice review for a great band.