Amaryllis review by Shinedown

• Released: Mar 27, 2012
Shinedown: Amaryllis

Shinedown is an ever evolving band that still manages to keep "their" sound. This album in particular is much more upbeat and happy than the previous three CD's which is nice, because with a band like Shinedown you have to ask "where can they go from 'Sound Of Madness'"? How can they outdo themselves again? But they did it with this CD. Honestly not a song I don't like on here, and I can see every one of these tracks being radio singles. In my opinion it is their best LP yet.

The first time I heard "Bully", I was amazed at how much Brent Smith's voice had matured, its so powerful and emotional. The lyrics on "Amaryllis" are diversely different from other records, and you can really feel the emotion through them. While previous records dealt alot with getting over the drug addictions, and trouble in the band, this CD has lyrics that range from their children ("Miracle", "Nowhere Kids") to Standing up for yourself and others ("Bully", "Enemies") to standing together ("Unity"). The backup vocals really pull everything together too. While I'm not positive, it seems like Eric and Zach (the guitarists) have two very different voice styles and ranges, but they go so well together and with Brent's amazing voice.

I think this album will be one of the greats of our generation. Barry Kerch is one of the best drummers in rock right now, and Zach Myers is one of the more creative guitar players around right now, and if you've seen them live, you know he has the duty of bein a lead and rhythm guitar player all in one, which is very tough for a hard rock band. Every song on the album could be a hit single, the only thing that I hate about this album is that there are only twelve songs haha. I would definitely purchase this album again if it were lost.

cre789
    my roomate's aunt makes $83/hr on the laptop. She has been without work for 8 months but last month her pay was $8682 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Read more on this site...NuttyRichdotcom
    Shor-T Zero
    Seems like a solid album. Got it off of Amazon for a bit cheaper as a blind (or I guess deaf here) buy, so we'll see how it goes. It sounds like they've lost a lot of the hard hitting sounds though, which is a bit sad. Here's hoping they find their way back to a sound I like, but at least I have their first CD. Great stuff there.
    salpiskorz
    I love Shinedown but this album is very main stream,commercial radio rock.It will be their best selling album with hits and much radio play but nothing like "Leave a Whisper" or "Us and Them". My favorite Shinedown killer song though is "For my Sake". If this song was on "Leave a Whisper" or "Us and Them" I wouldn't even be listening to this album and the rest of the tracks. I saw Shinedown on 8/11/13 in Asbury Park,NJ and they sounded great but very disappointed that they only did "45" and "Simple Man" from "Leave a Whisper" and nothing from "Us and Them".