Leave A Whisper review by Shinedown

• Released: May 27, 2003
Shinedown: Leave A Whisper

For all you people who havent heard of Shinedown just let me tall you, they kick some major a-s. Alot of good hard rock on this album, packed with alot of energy. Good mixture of clean guitar and distorted guitar, lots of great intros, heavy bridges, great bass(especially in the verse.) This is my new favorite band, if you get a chance to watch them live I suggest you go, I saw them with Tantric and 3 Doors Down recently and they were all great, but Shinedown was my personal fav.

Man can Brent Smith sing. This guy has a killer voice that can hit every note you throw at him, and it really shows on this album. Listen to the diversity on the final track ".45" and it will blow you away. The lyrics cover alot of deep personal issues and talk about the struggles these guys and other people put up with in their every day lives. As the back cover of the cd case insert reads "This record is for the dreamers, for the people that have, in one way or another,been cut down or cast out of society for being different or having an opinion, it is an expression of insecurity and frustration, and yet, the will to overcome. There's no turning back now that you've opened up to you mind" Simply put the best way to explain what the lyrics on this album are about.

Man this album is great, these guys really know how to make a cd. It is by far the best cd I have in my collection, followed closely by lostprophets' "Start Something" and Tantric's "After We Go" Shinedown has a similar sound to 3 Days Grace, another great new band. If Shinedown puts out another album im gonna buy it first day, these guys are goin places. Some of the best songs on the album are "Fly From the Inside" "Crying Out" ".45" "Burning Bright" "In Memory" and "Stranger inside" If this album was lost or stollen I would go out and buy a new one in a heart beat, but that is never going to happen because I won't loose it or have it stolen because it is such a great CD.