Leave A Whisper review by Shinedown

• Released: May 27, 2003
Shinedown: Leave A Whisper

In a word: great. Shinedowns original EP was a little sketchy, so I was doubful, but after bying the cd and listening to it for close to a year straight, I love this band. Good guitar, great singer, good drummer, good bassist what else can you ask for?

Great lyrics. The lyrics mostly sound like songs I write, only better. They speak to me. The music and lyrics go awsome together. Wich is more I can say for alot of "alternative" bands. Brent Smith is one of my favorite singers. Hes great. Maynard James Keenan, Erik Rodgers, Nick Coyle and ever since I bought this album Brent Smith are (in my opinion) the best singers right now.

I dont regret buying this CD (wich is more than I can say for the 3rd Strike album). My favorite songs, are all of them, Fly From The Inside, Crying Out, Burning Bright, 45, Stranger Inside, Lacerated - they all kick ass. If I could, id give this album a 6/5, it's my favorite album in my collection. Brent Smith has a gift of creativity and the gift of song. I swear to God if anyone stole this. I'd tear out thier throat, and beat them into nothing with thier eyes got a little carried away.