Us And Them review by Shinedown

• Released: Oct 4, 2005
Shinedown: Us And Them

This CD is obviously trying to get attention. I think that they are trying to bring in new fans and make their current fans get a little diversity. This CD is very different from their last one. They took a very unexpected turn with this CD. The overall sound of this CD is more upbeat and rockier. 'Shed Some Light' is the only song on this album that reminds me of their last album, songs on their old album like '45' or 'Simple Man'. I think that this new sound is very good and inovative. They are trying new things out and progressing. Their sound is really evolving. Although, some of the songs did remind me of Soundgarded or Audioslave, they still had the Shinedown touches.

The lyrics are very good. They are a bit tricky to figure out, but they do have a lot of meaning. Brent is an amazing singer. I have always loved his voice. They don't showcase his voice as much as they did in the last album, which is ok but bad in ways. The songs that showcase his voice always seem to sound a lot better and put together better. They still do a good job lyrics wise and voicewise. Excelent. I just wish his voice would have been shown more.

This album, although oddley different from their last, is still a great CD. I think it stacks up very well against many current artists. The single, 'Save Me', is very good. I love the solo in it, not the best solo, but its still pretty damn cool. Some of the better songs I would have to say are: 'Heroes', 'Shed Some Light', 'Fake', 'Yer Majesty'.