Us And Them review by Shinedown

• Released: Oct 4, 2005
Shinedown: Us And Them

I was just hanging out at home when my brother said, "Hey this is for you" and flipped me Us And Them. I love my brother. I have to be honest at first I was a little skeptical because for a little bit I had drifted away a little from the harder rock. Yeah, I'm back now. This CD is a real piece of work. Just a well put together combo of Brent Smith's vocals and killer guitar sounds of Jasin Todd makes this cd worth $13.99 at your local FYE. Go buy now.

Standout track on this cd vocally was Atmosphere. I call it the standout track because when I listen to the chorus I just think to myself, "You know, I would like to hear Brent Smith sing this without the music." His voice is so powerful it almost sounds like it could break the speakers. The lyrics he writes are deep and meaningful and the standout track lyrically is in my humble opinion, Yer Majesty. It was just put together so well.

I'm reading a lot of reviews saying this isn't as good as Leave A Whisper. I disagree. I got that CD and loved it. But for some reason I got burned out on it and I didn't play it to death. This CD completely blows away Leave A Whisper. You can't go wrong with Us And Them. And if anyone says otherwise, I will stab you in the jaw.