Us And Them review by Shinedown

• Released: Oct 4, 2005
Shinedown: Us And Them

This band can sound like so many different types of rock music, not only older types but they have created a sort of signature sound. They sound very classic rock in Lady So Divine with a sweet guitar solo, they sound very Soundgardenish in Save Me and Heroes and songs like I Dare You and Beyond the Sun they sound like nothing but themselves. This has shown a huge improvement since there last CD. I like both but this is the CD that represents the great music they are capable of not just Nu-Metal because shinedown is better then every nu-metal band from the voice to the drums to the guitar, to the live shows they are just great.

Brent Smith is the best rock vocalist of the last 15 years. I know some people will disagree with me but in their first cd he sounded like he was trying too hard and just over pronouncing the low notes but on this CD everything is great the high notes are hit with perfection he can hold notes extremely well in his ballads, he can scream he can hit low notes as well as anyone and he can switch between them all extremely fast. Oh I forgot about Lyrics, they are poetic musical and tell stories, they lyrics I wouldnt say are the greatest but Brent has time to improve the lyrics to songs.

In my opinion Shinedown deserves any credit anyone can give them, they are harder working then any other band out there, they will tour for 2 straight years take 2 weeks off and release an album they did this after the first CD and they said they will do it again. This CD is one of very few CDs that I can listen to over and over again and I mean like 4 times a day. The sound changes between songs and its just a beutifully crafted cd. There is only really two songs that are forgettable but they are still listenable. Fake and Atmosphere, the best on the album are Save Me, I Dare You, Heroes, Beyond the Sun, Lady So Divine (LSD), Shed Some Light, And I even like Begin Again a lot. If this was stolen and I had 10 bucks I would buy it as soon as possible.