Us And Them review by Shinedown

• Released: Oct 4, 2005
Shinedown: Us And Them

Absolutely brilliant. Starts off with the mic being handed to the guitarists daughter, where she reads a breathtakingly chilling poem. The poem is the lifeline of all the songs, in which that things are changing. Things are changing and things are not what they appear. All of the songs of this CD tie in to that poem, and it's wonderful. "I Dare You" has the hardest vocal line I've seen in alt-metal to date. Amazing CD throughout.

Simply artistic. Wonderful similies, metaphores, and alliterations throughout the CD. I didn't know this, but the second track, "Heroes," is written about Dimebag Darrel, and how he had recently died. If you listen to it you wouldn't catch it, but it's there. And the lyrics to "Begin Again" rock so goddamn hard.

If you want some metal/grunge that you wouldn't mind someone walking in while you listen to it, buy this. They don't swear because they really have no reason to, they're that solid of a band. The best part is the solo in "Lady So Divine" It'll blow you away. Go get it.

MT's #1 Fan
    What the hell. Shinedow is nowhere near Metal. They should be labeled plain and simple: SOUTHERN ROCK
    Anarion614
    Gibson, the songs just called .45. buy the albums please... kick ass band btw
    Gibson_SG_uzr55
    I love this album. All the tracks are good, but Save Me, I Dare You, and Heroes are the best. I like the modern metal sound, bands like Shinedown, Stone Sour, and Hinder. I think the only thing that I personally liked better about Leave a Whiper than Us and Them is that .45 (Staring Down) is my all-time fave Shinedown tune
    Dewey1040
    MT's #1 fan they might not be Metal but they are just as metal as they are southern rock just because they are from the south doesnt mean they are a southern rock band. Southern rock is like The Black Crowes Lynyrd Skynyrd and The Allman Brothers Band. Shinedown only shows southern rock influence on tracks like Atmosphere, and Simple Man on LAW. Southern rock by itself doesnt make any sense because Blues originated in teh south and rock is basically blues based so really ur just calling it rock rock... so in other words shinedown is just a plain and simple HARD ROCK.
    thecameronator
    I like both but this is the CD that represents the great music they are capable of not just Nu-Metal because shinedown is better then every nu-metal band from the voice to the drums to the guitar, to the live shows they are just great
    why must you bring nu-metal into this?? they have nothing to do with it!
    ShinedownerSam
    Great sophmore album. Following their first album Leave A Whisper, they have produced a great alternative rock album. It is softer than Leave a Whisper, but has the same impact. Guitar is good, Vocals still Amazing, Drums good and the bass is good. The music has a real flow about it. Great album.