Us And Them review by Shinedown

• Released: Oct 4, 2005
Shinedown: Us And Them

When I first herd of Shinedown in 2006, I listened to their first album Leave A Whisper, and I was impressed. Then I listened to their second album Us and Them, I was blown away by how amazing the sound was. The guitar parts were incredible and the drum beats couldn't have been better! This has been my favorite band since 2006 and I can't wait for their 3rd album to be released. To sum up Shinedown's sound on Us And Them; amazing.

I don't even know where to start! These lyrics just blew me away, every song had meaning in them, some more powerful than others, but I am amazed and how good these lyrics are. I don't know where they come up with these lyrics, but they are perfect for the songs they make! No one can replace Brent Smith's voice. Ever. He has an amazing voice for the music they play, and a killer voice when he really Emphysemas a part of the song. He is the best singer for this group. To sum their lyrics up in one word; perfect.

Comparing this album to their first one Leave a Whisper, I must say it's quite an improvement, as they call it "sophomore effort". Comparing this with other "alternative rock" bands, I would have to say their in the top 20%. I was amazed by this album and their first album. I think the most impressive songs would have to be: Heroes, Save Me, I Dare You, and Someday. These are impressive in sound, and in lyrics, they have meaning instead of "I screwed the wrong girl last night." I have nothing to hate about this album, it is my favorite of all bands. If my songs were lost or stolen. I would be very unhappy, and probably go buy it again cause there just so good! To sum up my overall impression (can't fit it into one word it's so good); Shinedown puts time, thought, and a lot of effort into their songs, and for that I respect them.

Rock? Anyone
    Awesome CD I bought this when I was 12 at a futureshop and I still listen to it now. I have "Fake" playing right now and Its no amazing Also have The Sound of Madness, a great CD Great band+Great cds= Epicness