( ) review by Sigur Rós

• Released: Oct 29, 2002
Sigur Rós: ( )

The sound of this album can only be described in one word, beautiful, that's, in my honest opinion the best way to describe most of Sigur Ros' work. The sound on this album is such a boost from their previous full length album. I personally love what they did with the piano on this album. Using Jonsi's voice solely as an instrument on this album was a touch of sheer genious.

This album basically has no real lyrics. Anything the vocalist is singing is only used as another instrument which worked out completely well. As the previous reviewers have discussed, the words being said are actually a gibberish/hopelandic language which is made-up.

My overall impression of this album is I will never stop listening to it. It is driven with such music talent that anyone who will sit an listen to at least one song on this album no matter which, will want to relive those view moments of bliss they experienced while opening their ears to this band. Please take a listen if you have not, I shit you not you will find something you like about it no matter what genre you like.