The Trees Are Dead & Dried Out Wait For Something Wild review by SikTh

• Released: Aug 18, 2003
SikTh: The Trees Are Dead & Dried Out Wait For Something Wild

Woah.....what the argh... This is what you'll be saying the first time you hear this brutal yet amazing album, don't be put of, persevere and you'll find that this album not ionly has some evil riffs, but also some of the most beautiful and relaxing music ever... (The end of skies of the milenium night is simply superb).

Some of the lyrics on this album are simply superb....you'd be hard pressed to find more intelligent lyrics around on the metal scene. However some are also harshly dumb, and funny! Of course they are to relfect a different side of life but some lines really are hillarious. "Then I'll give you all of my attention Damn right, I'll have my morning erection I'll give you some lovin'"

The closest thing to this album that I can think of is if you played any metal album of the last ten years and mashed it with another...then put it on reverese will keeping the lyrics on forward...It really is an impressive piece of work. The most impressive song is easily...everything on this record...full stop. The only thing that grates me about this album is that it takes time to appreciate..this isn't your crusing in the sun shine driving your car music. If it were stolen, then id hunt down the bugger who stole it and get it back as this album is one of my favourites! Oh yeah play track 10 (Emerson pt2) all the way thru and wait till the end......you'll see what happens.