The Trees Are Dead & Dried Out Wait For Something Wild review by SikTh

• Released: Aug 18, 2003
SikTh: The Trees Are Dead & Dried Out Wait For Something Wild

SikTh's sound is something completely unique and intense and more intrigueing than any other band touring around between 2003-06. The intensely fast riffs use a lot of minor scales, giving an almost depressed yet purposeful mood, which in turn give a personal intake of the actual notes. They guitars have no recognised solo's in any of the songs, as the song itself seems to be one very big solo. The main story of this album I feel is self discovery and awareness of one's self and one's surroundings. However the true understanding of the true heart of this album can only be understood by the band itself. They're creativity oozes from the very songs themselves.

The lyrics are something to be credited. The songs almost all written by Mikee Goodman himself (one of two singers, Justin Hill being the other) and every single word just collaborates with the music so well. The two uniquely different vocals intertwine with eachother, Mikee with his intense, almost pirate like scream, and Justin's amazing singing voice and extreme talent to reach such high notes (best heard in Peep Show, track 6). In this particular album, as I said previously, the lyrics seem mainly focused on the self discovery and awareness of one's surroundings. However, the band manages to keep a very strong performance, and despite the almost political lyrics, the music remains enjoyable and resembles a heavy form of dance music.

Personally, this is my favourite album of all time. This band represents the ultimate change in music, and progressive metal in particular. Compared to artists such as Fall Out Boy or the "mighty" Mettalica, this bands shines above all of them. They actually play the intrsuments, and the refuse to conform to usuall chords and 1, 2 drum beat. They have broken out of the typical mould and opened up a huge crater in the music world. I love this album plainly because there's such a connection between every intstrument. Of all the songs within this album my favourite is Wait For Something Wild. There's something about this song that just connects with me. The singers just belt insane lyrics at eachother back and forth faster than any other singers I've ever seen. Mikee's weird and wonderful voice just intertwines with Justins powerful range. The instruments, even though they're still so intense, seem to take a back seat on this song, as Mikee and Justin take the show. However the bit of the song that really captures me is about 2 minutes in, when there's a huge bass solo and just Mikee making wailing noises in the backround. Unique, that's not even beginning to scratch the surface.

EpiExplorer
    Review 3 was the only good review.. the rest were 5 year olds! D: Sikth dont deserve that.. but still, only album I'd ever give a perfect 10... x.x