Rebirth Of The Temple review by Silent Civilian

• Released: May 2, 2006
Silent Civilian: Rebirth Of The Temple

I have read the other review and I agree that Silent Civilian considered mainly a hardcore band but at the same time they produce some epic riffs which generally aren't found in most hardcore bands, so it is hard to pinpoint a main genre for the band as it is very varied. This band has reached "stardom" extremely fast in my eyes i.e. in a few months (if that) so it is obvious that they are damn amazing.

If I'm correct I would say that Silent Civilian are a very political band or at least their lyrics portray that. The band display a lot of good guitar work but if they produce a future album I would hope for more heavier sounds rather than mostly melodic riffs, however the band have definately reached my top three favourite bands along-side Shadows Fall and Avenged Sevenfold. I was surprised to hear Johny Santos' skill with a guitar as I was a fan of Spineshank (Santos' earlier band) for years and never expected that he could be this good. Santos' voice in my opinion has evolved into a more powerful and controlled one, with that being said he is able to sing brilliantly with a melodic voice too. I'm not an expert on drums so this will be short, but the compliance of the drums with the guitars are amazing so I have got to give it to Silent Civilian for it. Also the different layers of guitars all come together superbly to make an epic sound and again I was shocked to hear that during the recording of the album it was all Johny Santos' handy-work.

Like I said earlier Silent Civilian are in my top 3 list of favourite bands, so yes, they do compare to other albums, in fact they beat most of them. For me the 3 best songs are "First Amendment" which shows the band's hardcore side more, "Divided" because it is filled with amazin riffs all over along but also contains hardcore breakdowns, and last but not least is obviously "Rebirth Of The Temple" because it is just an amazin song all round and it sounds even better with the video. I can't say I hate anything about the album but would like more hardcore breakdowns in further records. And yes I would buy "Rebirth Of The Temple" again if it was stolen (or for that matter if it were scratched) withthout a second thought. So in conclusion it is definately the album for all of you heavy metal fans to buy next!

mitchit
    i love these guys, theyre my favourite band ever...beatin machine head and dragonforce by a mile!! i saw them at the jaxx club in west springfield!! THEY RULED!!
    dizturbed
    This is a very good album, better than Spineshank, which Jonny Santos, the singer/rhythm guitarist came from when they broke up. I like it because it has a lot of classic metal influences, and SOLOS!! Just to clear a few things up, the lead guitarist left the band, which is a shame because he's good. I hope they can get a new guitarist that's at least as good or better.