Rebirth Of The Temple review by Silent Civilian

• Released: May 2, 2006
Silent Civilian: Rebirth Of The Temple

This band is one of my favorite metalcore bands today. They are fast, melodic, talented, and they even throw in killer solos. They are Silent Civilian and they have unleashed a brutal debut album. The band features Jonny Santos formerly of the Grammy-Nominated Nu Metal band Spineshank. This time he trades his full time job as frontman for an axe and screams more then he did in the past. This album is fast and even has some early thrash influences. The solo's are mostly done with a wah-pedal and are similar to Kirk's style from Metallica. Don't expect it to sound a thing like Jonny's other band though. This is full on in your face metal.

Jonny has payed his dues singing in his former band Spineshank. He is talented and on this chorus his voice is really noticable. For the most part though in this band his lays out high-pitched ear-splitting screams. Not a lot of growling and roaring though. There is a lot of gang shouting in the backround. On the song This Song Remains Un-Named on the chorus a gang shouts Hey at the end of each of Jonny's lines. This is done throughout the CD and you can also hear it at the very end of the title track. The lyrics are postive and the angrier ones are poltical for the most part.

I have high hopes for the future of this band. For a debut they really came out strong and I expect that they will be big in metalcore in the near future. Once a good label such as Roadrunner or Ferret picks them up their career will skyrocket. I love the old school elements combined with today's sound and I also love the guitar solos too. The only thing they could have done was made some of the songs shorter. One called "Divided" was 6-minutes long and and half of it was a bunch of choppy riffs with vocals or a solo. If it was stolen I would definitley get it again. Great album.

TheFallen1328
    these guys are great. Its refreshing to hear some good music with all the crap they put on the radio these days.
    HardAttack
    You guys do realize that Tim Mankowski wrote and performed almost all guitar parts on that CD, right? Jonny Santos and Rudy Perez keep getting credit for all of those songs and it was really Tim who made them what they are guitar wise. They treated him like crap.
    elgranmapache
    This is one of the best metal albums I've ever had the chance to listen to. Awesome, from the very first second to the last one.