Love Is Worth It review by Silent Drive

• Released: May 4, 2004
Silent Drive: Love Is Worth It

Silent Drive is on Love Is Worth It making indie rock with massive breakdowns and melodic choruses. They fuse punk, hardcore, heavy metal and emo rock into a blend of mixed moods and tempos, and they deliver an album with 11 tracks, where I think at least 8-9 are of a very high standard. The instruments are played tight, but without the greatest technical difficulty I think. You don't get that 3 min solo in none of the songs, no weird experimental parts, but still the music doesn't get boring. There is still a lot of creativity and diversity in the music, which makes it worth listening to again and again.

The lyrics and vocals are great, and it is here SD has probably one of their greatest forces. Sometimes Zach (as the singer is called) growls aggressively, but the next minute he is singing a soulful ballad (for example "American Classic," "Banana Rejection" and "Rooftops"). Some tracks are more heavy all through (for example "4/16"), and other tracks are more quiet (like "Broken Hearts Club").

I can't really find that the band sounds like anybody else. Perhaps a bit like Coheed And Cambria or The Used, but a lot heavier in the breakdowns, which more resembles Machine Head? The best tracks are "Banana Rejection," "Rooftops" and "American Classic." But also "The Punch," "4/16," "The Professional" and "Broken Hearts Club" are amazing songs. I would certainly by the follow up for this album, and if I lost it, I probably would by it again.

xkillinourownx
    I've been listening to these guys for about a year now, when i picked up and Equal Vision Record sampler that they were on. I am in awe everytime i listen to them. Skipper Mikkel is right on it when he describes them, but i believe their needs to be a new category on which to grade them, this being originatly, on which they'd score a 10. I listen to all types of music, from country to rap, swing to the Misfits and Minor Threat, and from some melodic death metal to emo, but Silent drive is by far one of the best, if not the best, band i have heard, and they are unlike any i have heard before. After listening to The Punch once, i'd have the song stuck in my head for the rest of the day, unable to wait to hear it again. These guys deserve a lot more credit than people give them, on a scale of 1-10 they honestly deserve an 11.
    MrKyle
    i agree.....silent drive are ****in emense.....shame theres no tabs for em 11/10
    nastyman206
    Man, the breakdown in davey crocket is to die for!!!! wish I could figure it out. This band is so fresh and genraly awe-inspiring, I cant believe no one knows about them. Anyone who listens to them is instantly captured in to the mood, this album is not music, its a experience!!! Rock on silent drive!!!
    Skipper Mikkel
    I've posted a tab for American Classic here on UG if anybody is interested... You can also listen to the acoustic version on their myspace-page. Enjoy