Arrivals And Departures review by Silverstein

• Released: Jul 3, 2007
Silverstein: Arrivals And Departures

Arrivals & Departures is an explosive album, filled with big guitars, entricate(ish) bass, and soaring vocals. The opening track "Sound Of The Sun" is an exlposive hit, should have been their first. The sound is a lot different than their album Discovering The Waterfront, sound wise in the guitars, which were entricate and not really here on this album.

Shand Told's lyrics don't really make you think, but are still good none the less. The lyrics lean towards more of heartbreak and girls rather than death, stalking, and all other sorts that were on Discovering The Waterfront. I think he did a good job though, he made catchier songs. His singing skills are a lot better and not so high as the last album.His screaming is "full" and brutal making this a really good album.

Basically you should go buy this album. I would probably cry if I lost this album haha. All the tracks are unique, which Silverstein was always good at doing. If you get a chance, buy the bonus tracks which include "Rain Will Fall" and "Falling Down" which are both really good songs. It's more upbeat than Discovering The Waterfront and When Broken Is Easily Fixed. This album is a must buy to whoever likes post hardcore/emo/screamo, Silverstein is one band to always watch for.

iamsocool
    i still dont believe silverstein wrote this album. its just not them, his vocals have changed and the driving guitar work off of their other cds is gone. silverstein is my one of my favorite bands and they have seemed to lost themselves
    Metallica rulz
    I really like this album. True romance, Worlds apart, Are my favorite tracks. I also liked Sound of the sun, and If you could see into my Soul, but Ive just heard them to many times now. Not as good as When broken cant be easily fixed, or probably Discovering the waterfront.
    pyritmann
    A lot of different comments, i think this album reaaallllly depends on preference of style. i found the album very depressing to be honest, but i still loved it lol, spoken like a true emo or something guess. hah, but yea, i thought it was a good sound for them though i liked a lot of there previous work better, 7.5/10
    pyritmann
    can someone pleeeaasse get me the chords to true romance, please please please
    pyritmann
    their lyrics arnt original but their music is. amazing band. love em sooo much. shane's voice is beautiful and deadly.
    SL!!!
    StratPat wrote: One of the worst displays of music I have ever witnessed.
    No way. Their first cd was pretty sweet. They were pretty original. Definitely not the worst band in the world, and their lyrics suck, but they're got/had a pretty good sound.