Discovering The Waterfront review by Silverstein

• Released: Aug 16, 2005
Silverstein: Discovering The Waterfront

I first discovered Silverstein on Pure Volume as so I have discovered so many bands. At first their songs just came across as another emo/screamo band, but after listening to a couple of different songs I developed an infatuation with the amazing vocal tones of singer Shane Told. Not many singers can pull off both singing and screaming and do it so well. If he could not scream if would still be a good singer and vice versa. After getting hooked the infectious sounds of Silverstein I got stoked and purchased the CD about 3 days after release. I must say at first I found it repetive and reminiscent of their first effort, but after a couple sittings I realized how fabulous this disc really is. It's emo with an edge with songs ranging from smooth and soft to hard and rigid. Definitely an amazing album.

The lyrics are just amazing. When Shane screams he doesn't just produce a GRRARG! sound, he actually combines the melodic tones of the singing with the screaming and the lyrics intertwine very well. The lyrics and the music go together flawlessy and he is just one great singer.

It definitely has that X factor that set's Silverstein away from the crowd. The most impressive songs are Smile In Your Sleep, Your Sword Versus My Dagger & Ides Of March. I want every music lover to pick this disc up regardless of your age, style or anything else. This is just a great CD. I wouldn't buy it if I lost it for one reason though, I have my whole CD collection stored on my computer because I upload every CD I own and only listen to a burned copy just in case I do happen to lose or have my CDs stolen. If that was not a consideration I would deffinitely buy another copy though!