Discovering The Waterfront review by Silverstein

• Released: Aug 16, 2005
Silverstein: Discovering The Waterfront

This band rocks (in my opinion). To me it sounds like a heavier version of Hawthorne Hieghts. Heavy guitars and vocals mixed with some vocal harmonies. When you listen to it you can feel the energy in the CD it makes you want to start moshing in the bedrooom (of course I haven't done that). Realesed in 2005 it's pretty new fresh stuff. They will be really big soon enough.

Cool slightly emo lyrics, but well written and at least they make sense. Not much relationship with guitar and vocals, both seem to do their own thing. Shane has a good voice, he does the screamy and normal singing.

This is more devoloped than their debut album. More interesting guitar parts and vocals. I recomend listening to 'Smile In Your Sleep', 'My Heroine' or 'Call It Karma'. My fav. things about this album is you can either concentrate on it or it is just background music. it works well in both circumstances. The worst thing about it is. I haven't found anything yet.

NirvanaFan101
    Yeah this is in the top 3 best c.d.s I own... if I didn't worship Nirvana, it would be first or 2nd...Panic! at the Disco is 2nd probably... I dunno... but it's frickin amazing! Go buy it RIGHT NOW! If you've heard Smile in Your Sleep or another song you like, you won't be dissapointed by the c.d. Even if you haven't heard a song...BUY IT!
    Silverstein444
    This cd is amazing, this band is amazing. The scene gets a bad wrap because of all the horrible rip offs out today but Silverstein is truly amazing
    trox
    this is an awesome album, i realized when i sat down and listened to it, it tells a story about a guy who kills his girlfriend and gets mad at himslef and leaves his town. It really impressed me.
    tfk011
    This album is possibly the best indie album but didnt do too well because Silverstein receives little success even though they truly deserve mainstream success but dont want it i guess as they have performed on muchmusic and had more fans there than most mainstream acts that do come to muchmmusic and they are better on disc than live but i still recommend buying this disc and seeing them live because they come from one of the top music scenes in the world and and it will continue to grow around the Burlington/Oakville area.
    fret13
    this is an awesome cd by my second favorite band. cant get enough Silverstein.