Discovering The Waterfront review by Silverstein

• Released: Aug 16, 2005
Silverstein: Discovering The Waterfront

Silversteins name comes from the childrens autor Silverstein. I don't know which band member came up with the name but I think it was Shane. This is my second favorite CD of all time. This CD is unpredictable it starts out with Your Sword Versus My Dagger which has a very fast pace but leads on into a more hard emo Ides Of March. that also takes a turn into the hardcore Fist Wrapped In Blood. Then the most surprising change on the album, from a metalish song to a more emo Discovering the Waterfront. I first came across Silverstein on Fuse. They had a preview of their video Smile In Your Sleep and I thought they sounded awwesome but it was by chance that when I bought a copy of Hawthorne Heights The Silence In Black And White I got a Victory Records Music Sampler and the first track was Smashed Into Pieces off of Silversteins album, that I don't have the pleasure of owning, When Broken Is Easily Fixed. that song made me a Silverstein fan and I listened to it over and over again and I still do. I picked up this album durring vacation last year, I was going to buy When Broken Is Easily Fixed but I saw this and I didn't stop listening to it. this is a masterpiece. The guitars have random solos that never stop impressing me both guitarists are talented.

The lyrics have a variety of meanings they are also unpredictable and they give me a good impression of the band. The music kind of just flows through and doesnt't stop. Shane Told has some of the most talented singing and screaming skills and can manuever through them with ease. Bill Hamilton is also a very acceptional bassist and BGV.

The only thing better than Silverstein is Red but if they keep this up they might just come out on top of my top ten bands list. My favorite songs off of the album are Your Sword Versus My Dagger and Discovering The Waterfront. None of the songs are boring or bad if I had to pick my least favorite it would be My Heroine.