Discovering The Waterfront review by Silverstein

• Released: Aug 16, 2005
Silverstein: Discovering The Waterfront

I am in love with Silverstein. They are my favorite band and have been for the last year and a half. Discovering the Waterfront is there best release so far in there career. It combines emo, hardcore, screamo, and punk-rock into an amazing form. The reissue of this CD comes with one new track. They covered the song Rodeo Clown by Lifetime. I think they did a real good job. They made it sound like them, instead of trying to immitate that band. The CD also came with a DVD with there set on The Never Sleep Again Tour in the House of Blues in Chicago. Where they tore it apart. And durring the last song of the set, wIL from Aiden came and sang the last part of the song with Shane.

The lyrics for Silverstein are amazing. They sing about stuff teens can actually relate to. The vocalist, Shane, not only has a great scream, but he can sing very well also. Other bands are trying to immitate it and they can't. He is an amzing vocalist. The backup vocal is done by the bass player Bill. He sounds just as good as Shane and can scream but not as well.

I love this album. I've had it since it came out last year and I couldnt wait for the release. It is great I would pick it up. The only thing that sucks about it is that they only put one new track on it. It's a good cover but more is always better. The DVD has amazing footage and the songs preformed on it are Your Sword Vs My Dagger, Smashed Into Pieces, Fist Wrapped in Blood, Giving Up, Discovering the Waterfront, Defend You, Smile in Your Sleep, and Bleeds No More with wIL from aiden. It also has music videos and the making of smile in your sleep. The only complaint on the DVD is the guitar in Smile In Your Sleep is too quiet. But that's minor. Pick up this CD.

conordudelax12
    ya PhantomWuss95 is right but the silverstein one is better! go get this album ps and for the record silverstein does not sound like hawthorne heights at all trivial
    gtr-boy
    Neil Boshtart is my hero everyone should buy there album THEY NEVER COME TO THE WEST SIDE OF CANADA WTF! still there one of my favorite bands