When Broken Is Easily Fixed review by Silverstein

• Released: May 20, 2003
Silverstein: When Broken Is Easily Fixed

Ok, so I didn't think much when I heard Silverstein was playing in my town. I had never heard of them and at the time was an emo basher. I went to see how they were and make fun of them. They came on stage and I was blown away. I loved their sound. I immediatley bought the CD right after the show. I was in love. The album is amazing. It is all good songs. I would have to say that the best songs in my opinion are Hear Me Out, Giving Up, Last Days Of Summer and Bleeds No More. This album as they say themeselves "tore down the barrier betweeen punk, post hardcore and emo". Their guitar is fast and loud, their bass is distinctive, their vox are genuinely amazing and their drumming is well crafted. I love the way it goes fast, slow, slow, slow, slow, fast, slow, slow, fast.

I liked the lyrics. Very heartfelt at times, very angry and hateful at others. Shane is an amazing singer the way he switches from screaming to singing. The lyrics also went very well with the music. It blended amazingly. I would have to say Shane is the best screamo/emo/hardcore singer right now.

I was very impressed with this album. I have already bought the new album and love it to death also. The only thing I had against this was the quality wasn't as good because it was their first album. If it was stolen, I would be very sad and murder whoever did it. I love Silverstein so much and it's great becasue I'm from their hometown so like every 2-3 months they come back here and play.