When Broken Is Easily Fixed review by Silverstein

• Released: May 20, 2003
Silverstein: When Broken Is Easily Fixed

This band has literally blown my mind. With their sweet guitar riffs with a bipolar singer, they are a creative band unlike any other. I say bipolar as an expression for those who sing with good melodies and then belt out the most hardcore screams/growls ever to be heard. If your not into music as I described above, then more than likely you will not like this album, however you should like this genre if you want to hear something new. The music is very complex and hard to tab out. I love a challenge though and I have a couple Silverstein tabs in the tabs section if you want to play along with this phenomenal album. I found this CD in Hot Topic and I bought it just for the hell of it judging it on a cool-looking cover. Since then I am so glad I bought it. Some would consider this emo-style music, and maybe the artist themselves call it that but I just consider it hardcore. It is a great CD and a must have for all musicians out there.

The lyrics are typical emo lyrics with catchy screaming parts as well as singing parts. Silverstein sings of broken hearts, cheating girlfriends, betrayal, the weak and the wounded(a song title), trying to forget ex girlfriends, ect. They may sound dumb from my description, but you really have to hear them for yourself.

Silverstein is definately one of my top 10 favorite bands of all time and their impression was incredible. The most impressive songs on the album are Smashed To Pieces, Red Light Pledge, Giving Up, The Weak and The Wounded, Lastly and most importantly the best song on this album is the song of which the CD is named after When Broken Is Easily Fixed. If this album would be stolen from me I would go buy it again in a heartbeat.