When Broken Is Easily Fixed review by Silverstein

• Released: May 20, 2003
Silverstein: When Broken Is Easily Fixed

Personally Hand's Down Silverstein is one of my Favorite Bands because of the creativity they bring out in each and every song on When Broken Is Easily Fixed. Face melting guitar riffs go as far as reaching beautiful picking and thrashing hardcore. Some songs sound more metal then others, and some songs sound more softer then others. But nonetheless, every last guitar riff is backed up with emotional screaming and melodic vocals all done by Silverstein frontman Shane Told in all their songs. When Broken Is Easily Fixed is full of surprises. There's never a dull moment as far as this cd is concerned. If you want to try something new in the form of Emo meeting Hardcore Then Silverstein is The Band For You. If your'e not really into pensive/painful lyrics and the whole scream-scene I do not recommend Silverstein. 01. Smashed Into Pieces - an awesome start to an awesome album. The screaming goes perfect with the heavy guitars in this song. The lead guitar in the chorus almost sounds like an orchastra, which gives this song a very powerful brilliant piece by the musicians and the vocals. 02. Red Light Pledge - this is the first sign that Silverstein's lyrics aren't afraid to be simple and soft, but you can still very much relate, but they still come back with overpowering guitars and bone crushing screams. 03. Giving Up - indeed the emocore side of Silverstein. Truly lyrics anyone has hes had a painful break up can relate to. Shane totally puts himself in the shoes of Silverstein's fans, And he doesn't even know it. 04. November - not an upbeat song but still a very great one. Not one of their heavy song's though. 05. Last Days Of Summer - another song that starts out slow and soft like the previous one. But like I said there's never a dull moment. They bring you right back up there with the screaming, which is a very well respectful tempo change. 06. Bleeds No More - this is the point in the album where the hardcore jumps back in the picture. A very change of pace as far the other few emo songs go. This is something you won't see something. Definitly something to open the dancefloor. 07. Hear Me Out - not too mellow to make you fall asleep but tunes that keep you in a hopeful mood. Harmonic guitars come out in this song to keep you all awake. 08. The Weak And The Wounded - definitly a beautiful comeback just when the album started to get almost too soft. Silverstein brings the in your face screaming, and bradford and boshart bring the true sound from their inner musician. One of the heaviest songs on the album. 09. Wish I Could Forget You - when I first heared this one I was confused and thought it might be a mix or something because of the funky guitar intro. But nope, still the screams are crushed out from Tool. This one isn't heavy at all. 10. When Broken Is Easily Fixed - the heaviest song on the album. A very big sadisfaction. This is a non-disappointing song. Hardcore throughout the whole song. But still Shane Told still squeezes in those beautiful vocals, and makes it seem so easy.

All of Silverstein's lyrics go along perfectly with every last Song on the CD. Some might think that Shane Told's lyrics are a bit amatuer, but everyone has their own feelings about all varieties of lyrics. I find that his lyrics are a bit childish at times but for a brief second. All in all this album has a song for any emotion anyone can feel. That is how iI feel in love with Silverstein.

There are no other albums that come even come close to the creativity of this CD. I think in a weird way everyone can truly say that Silverstein is indeed a very diferent experience with what's going on with music right now, and that is perfectly. The songs on the album only compliment each other vastly. Because of the diferent sound they bring I was extermely impressed with such fearlessness of trying something new, and they do a dang good job at it. I love the heaviness that Silverstein brings, but the only thing I don't care for is when the album might seem like it's dragging. But all in all I love the comeback's on the album.

NirvanaFan101
    I haven't purchased this c.d. yet... but I will soon after these reviews. Great job guys and girls. I REALLY loved Silverstein's other c.d. - Discovering the Waterfront! If When Broken is Easily Fixed is that good, I'm gettin' a T-shirt lmao! Ok well thanks for the help! Later!
    Silverstein444
    The best debut album ever from a screamo band. Its as simple as that. Discovering the Waterfront is even better. This band is far and away better than anyone else in their genre
    NirvanaFan101
    THIS CD IS AWESOME! I got the reissiue with the dvd and all...simply amazing. If you want to get this cd, get Discovering the Waterfront first and then this one. It's good, but Discovering the Waterfront is better. still Silverstein rocks w00t.
    jasonkan
    silverstein are so bad. wen i first heard 'smashed into pieces' i was like woah, except for the singin bit which was pufftery...then the rest of the album was all downhill.