Show And Tell review by Silvertide

• Released: Jun 8, 2004
Silvertide: Show And Tell

Straight from the 70's are Silvertide. It's beautifully written classic style rock for this decade. It's all about having a good time and it comes out in every song. This is what music is supposed to be, lengthy guitar solos, hard rock riffs, it's like the second coming of Zeppelin sometimes.

The Lyrics are pure rock and roll. Sex, Drugs, Love, and loss of Love, are the main topics on hand. A lot of rehashed fare in tracks like "Devils Daughter", "You Want it All", "Blue Jeans", but there are some real shining tracks towards the end lyrics wise. "Heartstrong" and "Nothing Stays" are beautiful balladish songs, meanwhile "Foxhole J.C." is a great rocking anti-war song which sounds like nothing much else on the album. The lyrics really make it meaninful and a gem. "War, war, what is it for?" brings chills to me at the end of the song. The lyrics always fit the music, almost excusively about having a good time, which is what this album is. Walt the lead singer, sounds great on lots of songs, even if he isin't the most unique. He morphs from Black Crowes' on "Ain't Comin Home", "Devils Daughter", to Steven Tyler on "You Want It All". But its old style rock music, it deserves that type of voice.

This blows away anything written in the last 20some years if you like real rock music. How can you compare this to Nu-Metal? or Nickelback or something? This isin't watered down, this is heartfelt fun music made from guys who knew how to play their instruments first. You can only compare it to the albums and artists it draws from like The Who, and Led Zeppelin, and whether it comapres favorably I don't know, but it sure belongs in the same class. I love it all, I hate none, this album makes me happy to own a guitar again. Please give this music a chance, because this is the direction we need to go. It is amazing. I would buy it again in a second.