Show And Tell review by Silvertide

• Released: Jun 8, 2004
Silvertide: Show And Tell

These guys are geniuses. They are helping the classic rock revival and in my opinion are going to make it big. The combination of singer Walt Lafty and lead guitarist Nick Perri are remeniscent of the great duos in rock history, Perry & Tyler, Rose & Slash, Mick & Keef and even the great Plant & Page. The extended solos are just superb and there is fantastic variation between songs.

Very uplifting lyrics although I'm not too keen on S.F.C. which is probably the only song which I'm not too keen on. There are some great ballads in Heartstrong and Nothing Stays, the latter being my favourite of the two. Aint comin home is just agreat uplifting party song and obviously not wanting to come home. Lafty's lyrics try to create a double entendre and his lyrics are basically about sex drugs and rock n roll. Lafty has an incredible voice which suits the bands sound perfectly, he also has a great rnge of vocal talents.

I have been waiting for this album for over a year as the release dates have kept being put back and now that is has been released I am not at all disappointed. This album creates a sense of 70's rock which has been restructured to suit the modern world. The band have all the elements of a historic band, an incredible singer, a virtuoso guitarist and a solid rhythm section. The best tracks are Ain't Comin Home, California Rain, Blue Jeans, Nothing Stays and Foxhole Jesus Christ. I adore this album and the only downside is the song S.F.C. but 10 brilliant songs out of 11 aint bad is it? If I lost this album or if it got scratched I would buy it over and over again. These guys are amazing.