Show And Tell review by Silvertide

• Released: Jun 8, 2004
Silvertide: Show And Tell

If you like classic rock, then you will cream your pants when you listen to Silvertide. These guys are layin' down the best Rock sound on the market today. This stuff just screams amazing when you listen to it. They really show their versatillity as a band on the debut album with harder rock and classic rock sounding songs, and then easily tone it done on songs like "California Rain," "Heartstrong" and "Nothing Stays." And when was the last time you heard a good anti war song? Well the song Foxhole Jesus Christ is the best anti war song written in the past 2 and a half decades.

Walt Lafty is the ultimate frontman. If you took the best qualities from Steven Tyler, Robert Plant, and Jim Morrison you have Walt Lafty. The lyrics on the album are absolutely poetic. This was not just an album made just for the sake of selling records, this was an album written from the hearts of the 5 members of Silvertide.

This album blows any rock album released after 1980 out of the water, that's right, if I had a choice I would pick Show 'N' Tell over Appetite For Destruction, or any Van Halen album. The most impressive, or rather my favorite songs on the album are, "Ain't Comin Home," "California Rain," "Foxhole Jesus Christ" and "You Want It All," however every song on the album is worth a listen. I can't start listenting to this album, and not listen to the whole thing from beginning to end, it feels like a sin to interrupt this album while its playing. I'm a very critical person and the only thing I hate is the fact that Silvertide is not getting enough recognition for this amazing album they have realeased. If it were stolen or lost, hell yessi would buy it again, I already have bought two copies of it, just becasue I went to one of their concerts (I already had bought the album) and the only way you could buy the silvertide poster at the merch booth was to buy the CD as well. So hell yea, I bought it twice, and then got my ticket signed by the members of Silvertide, who are probably the coolest rockers in the word to meet.