Show And Tell review by Silvertide

• Released: Jun 8, 2004
Silvertide: Show And Tell

Nick Perri and Mark Melchiore Jr. do a pretty solid job of creating riffs and their guitar parts match the music and lyrics very well. Nick Perri's solos almost have a Angus Young sound with blues, country, and '70s hard rock influence.

Walt Laffy writes mainly about sex, partying, drugs, love, and breakups. He is an exceptionally well writer. His very best writing on this album is "Heartstrong". His has a good voice, not the best but still good. He also doesn't have very simplistic lyrics. A lot of his stuff sounds thought out while the other little bit seems right on the moment.

This is their first album. The most impressive songs in the album are "Ain't Coming Home", "Mary Jayne", and "Nothing Stays". I love the retro vibe coming from it, almost like an Aerosmith. I first heard about these guys on a PSP demo disc. They had their "Ain't Coming Home" music video on it and right away I knew I needed to get their album. I don't really like the sometimes country like sound. If I were to lose this album, I would definitely buy it again.