Old Friends: Live On Stage [DVD] Review

artist: Simon & Garfunkel date: 11/18/2005 category: compact discs
Simon & Garfunkel: Old Friends: Live On Stage [DVD]
Release Date: December 7, 2004
Their first national concert tour in two decades, performing songs that rank among the most memorable of the '60s, was a sold-out sensation in more ethan 30 cities across the country. Now many of those unforgettable performances are heard on the DVD Old Friends: Live On Stage.
 Content: 10
 Production Quality: 10
 8.7
 7.3
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Old Friends: Live On Stage [DVD] Reviewed by: Dairybeat, on november 18, 2005

Sound: A fantastic concert from 'The Golden Oldies'. Once I heard that Simon and Garfunkel were touring with the Everly Brothers as guests, I could hardly wait for this dvd to be released; and am I rewarded! This is a must have dvd for all fans of these guys. Their live performance is top class, and it's well filmed and recorded. Paul Simon is showing again what a good acoustic guitar player he is. Vocaly they all sound as good as ever, or maybe better and matured. You can also see and feel that they all enjoy what they are doing on stage, including the very good backing band. One of the many highlights of the show is the performance from all four together in 'Bye Bye Love', that's 'Goosepimples' stuff! What more is their to say, buy this dvd and see and hear for yourselves! // 10

Overall Impression: It's on par with other top class music DVD's. If I lost it today, I would buy it again 'Yesterday'. // 10

Comments