Get Your Heart On! review by Simple Plan

• Released: Jun 21, 2011
Simple Plan: Get Your Heart On!

The sound was more similar to their 2008 album, "Simple Plan", but it kept a fast pop rock pace. It was kind of all over the place, but in a good way. They went from a hard rock song, to an acoustic song, to a techno song, to a sad song, then repeated.

Simple Plan's lyrics are always life changing. In fact, in their last song, "This Song Saved My Life", they got their fans to help them write lyrics of how Simple Plan saved them. Pierre Bouvier's vocals are always incredible. He's what makes them incredible to watch live.

This album was different than their previous albums. Who can forget the cool riffs, catchy choruses, and fun that "No Pads, No Helmets... Just Balls" gave to the world? This album had a few fun songs, but it mostly showed to more mature side of Simple Plan. It's not my favorite SP album, but I would give it a thumbs up. My favorite song from "GYHO!" has to be "Loser Of The Year". The whole idea of the song is just really cool.

Disturbed_EMG
    Terrible review, and from what I've heard, this album is actually WORSE than their older stuff. Apparently, it is possible.
    Amuro Jay
    XxRustInPeacexX wrote: blake1221 wrote: And because Simple Plan > Touch Amor except no.
    trolled
    Shawn1379
    Russcool wrote: Guys, last time I wrote a review, the entire UG Team wrote one, too. I guess I was just giving a perspective as a fan. When you write a review on this website, they have questions for you to answer. That's what i did. The record was worth the buy.
    I think you're last review was pretty well written, and much better than this one. But at least you didn't just fanboy out and give this album a 10/10 in every aspect only because you like the band. I hate when people do that, even if it's for a band/album I like. Don't be afraid to write another review just because people don't like this one. Just remember to take your time, try to not mention something without giving details about it, and try to avoid musical aspects you don't really know a whole lot about. For instance, if you don't really know what makes good/impressive drumming, don't say something like "the drumming is amazing" because you'll risk looking ignorant and anyone who knows their stuff will probably crucify you for it. If you find that you don't know a whole lot about many aspects of music, which is nothing to be ashamed of because everyone has to start somewhere, you should probably take some time to learn before publicly giving you opinion like this. Otherwise, you may keep getting comments like you're getting for this review. I'm certainly no expert, but I think most people would agree that my advice is sound. Good luck in the future if you plan on writing more reviews.
    Haanz
    transATL005 wrote: Lol @ their lyrics being life changing.
    To be fair, everything is life changing to their 13 year old audiences. Yeah, this review is about as deep and memorable as Simple Plan's music.
    LordEarthworm
    this is an incredibly mediocre review, lol. if you don't know how to write reviews that are more than 11 sentences then don't write reviews. you didn't explain anything on why the lyrics are "always life changing" or why Loser of the Year was your favorite song. this isn't a review, it's an opinion.
    rokr258
    this is a shitty review. I know jackshit about this album after reading it.
    nando_009
    Waiting for more and better reviews. This one is bored! and it says nothing!
    DimebagLivesOn
    RaysGotThis
    I just put in a review, hopefully it'll be up before the weekend. For those complaining, it's longer, and hopefully fairly objective. @DiegoAngeles, it can be "meh" at first because it can come across poppy at times, but it's interesting. It's worth a listen or two if you're a fan.
    DiegoAngeles
    I will write a review soon, but from what I heared in the first time of this album is a really meh :/ same pop-punk sound.. idk what to think
    Russcool
    blake1221
    DimebagLivesOn wrote: Dude, you need to write more. Make more points in each section and try to tie them together. Why do review like this get front page? :/
    Ian's jelly. And because Simple Plan > Touch Amor