No Pads, No Helmets... Just Balls review by Simple Plan

• Released: Mar 19, 2002
  • Reviewer's score: 5.3 Decent
Simple Plan: No Pads, No Helmets... Just Balls

Uhhh... the sound was okay, I expected more out of these guys. I really hadnt heard any of thier stuff outside of shows I saw them in. I went to a show that featured them and they had a decent live show so i bought their album. All i can say is that I expected more.

Really juvinile, which really isnt always a bad thing. Kinda makes you hanker towards a blink 182 cd. I enjoyed some of these things. But mostly I was left feeling like an immature kid. Some things I didnt enjoy, like thier attempt at a tear jerker "perfect." It really sounded, not as a cry for help, but as a story of a kid who never got that power ranger toy that his dad "promised" he'd give him...c'mon, these guys really arent that young.

Well...I have never really been a fan of this new-wave pop-punk movement sweeping this god-forsaken nation of ours. And this album has got to be the biggest pussy sounding pop-punk cd I've ever heard. I expected more from these guys. It sounds they were influenced by Blink 182 or green day (don't get me wrong those are great pop-punk pioneers, the last of the good ones) but I wanna say good try, you've made alot of junior high and freshman really happy. One more thing...They do have a pretty kickass live show.