No Pads, No Helmets... Just Balls review by Simple Plan

• Released: Mar 19, 2002
Simple Plan: No Pads, No Helmets... Just Balls

The sound was great. The riffs are basically easy to play, but it's all in the chords and changes that they use that make the sound unique. It's not exceptional, but it still stands out in my head.

This is where you get the most controversy. One writer put that the song "Perfect" sounds like a kid who didn't get a toy he wanted, and that this is young highschooler's music. Honestly, if you listen to the words of "Perfect", I get the impression of a kid who will never live up to his father's expectations. The cd also has other songs of that nature, about moving out and so forth. Then there's the songs that are just there, such as My Alien and My Christmas List. Overall, the diversity of lyrics and types of songs are great.

Overall, this is a great cd that I'd recommend buying to anyone who listens to punk music. Granted, it may seem a little odd for those who aren't quite as in to the type of music, but it's a great album nonetheless. If you're into Good Charlotte, New Found Glory, etc., then Simple Plan will fit right in to your collection.