No Pads, No Helmets... Just Balls review by Simple Plan

• Released: Mar 19, 2002
  • Reviewer's score: 3.3 Poor
Simple Plan: No Pads, No Helmets... Just Balls

Ok, now just so everyone does know. I have bought this album to listne to, so don't think I'm a raving "Classic Rock Freak." Now that we've got that settled. The album's sound is nothing original. Very repetitive lyrics, all about girls and teenage problems, go figure right? Well I suppose if you wanna completely stereotype yourself and join this mob of just about every teenager in becoming a "punk" then sure go ahead and buy this. But realize, punk is nothing new and started way back in the '70s, this is pop with influences of those '70s punk rock bands. I suggest you check them out and see what punk rock really is.

Lyrics were, again, repetitive. Absolutely nothing special. On par with almost any song by Blink 182, and Green Day after their album: Kerplunk. And whoever wrote a review saying their lyrics are about all the usual punk topics obviously has no idea what punk is. Girls was not a "punk" topic to sing about until the late '90s. '70s and '80s punk lyrics were more in your face, this is reality, be a rebel sorta lyrics this sadly is not fail.

It will compare with any other "punk" (again with the quotes) band on the radio. No songs impressed me at all, mostly cause they're all the same. I suppose, if you're one that can relate to these lyrics, and if it helped you through some rough times, all the more power to you. Just realize this is pop, music made for the masses. Trust me I know it hurts, I hate to categorize music like this but it seems so necessary in the situation. I suggest other bands in the punk genre like: The Clash, Bad Religion, Dead Kennedys, The Ramones, and Nofx. I really suggest Nofx cause they were able to keep their punk roots while conforming slightly to the pop image.

x345x
    simple plan rocks!!!! the songs go by smoothly, pierre sings great, the lyrics r actually understandable, and people can actually relate to them!! sp rocks, and i bet at least half of u go into listening to the album with the thiught already in ur mmessed up mind that sp r posers. simple plan rocks. peace out
    x345x
    and ps david (bass player) can skateboard really well. i think he won some stuff in montreal 4 skateboarding contest
    fezaan66
    I dunno WTF half of u are on about - no matter what Simple Plan RULES!!! they are the best band on the planet EVER!!! i dont no y everyone likes guns n roses and all the old man shit,, get real- all these oldies are done with ___ SIMPLE PLAN ROCKS!!
    true_bacon22
    Felix Crowills wrote: LOLOLOL... This is Simple CRAP... a music fan would steal all Simple Plan's albuns in the world and burn them if he could XD
    if i had money thats first on my list