No Pads, No Helmets... Just Balls review by Simple Plan

• Released: Mar 19, 2002
Simple Plan: No Pads, No Helmets... Just Balls

This album, like 'Still Not Getting Any...' has a different tune, beat and sound for each song. From the fast rock of ' I'd do anything ' to the slow but just as good ' Perfect', Simple Plan has produced a great album. Great job they have done.

The lyrics of the album, like their second album, Still Not Getting Any..., is mostly describing the lives of some kids, especially teenagers. Take for example, the song 'Perfect'. It is about a child telling his dad that he sorry, no matter how hard he tries, he can't be perfect, like the way his dad wants him to be. It can also be applied to our lives today. For some kids, their parents always want them to get the best. Anything less is not acceptable. This results in the kids experiencing too much pressure and not being able to take it. The songs 'I'd do anything' and ' Addicted' talks about a guy being deeply in love a girl and would do anything to have her again. The song 'I'm just a kid' talks about everyone being able to fit in perfectly and you are the only one left out and you are complaining that your life is a nightmare.

As usual, when I compare this album with others, people say that it is not a great album, just another album. Nothing special about it. But in my eyes, this album is one of the best ones I have ever known because not only dose each song have a different tune, it also speaks truly of a teenagers life. If it was lost/stolen, I would most definitely buy it back.

crabhammer217
    clearly, or you like SP or you don't. well, i think they rock and they're not punk their punk-pop if anything, and so what? their music's still awesome.
    XxRustInPeacexX
    whats with all the simple plan haters? theyre a great band.. especially with those kickass vocal harmonies they do
    nfldguitarist
    really!!!! everybody just stop calling them punk,I mean simple Plan Punk!!!! Its like me calling Avril Punk.Its About as far away as you get.
    BonezShaker
    i really hate the singer, his voice is whinny, Barney and Friends sings better than this band
    mchugh92
    must say this is the worst album ive ever heard, even fallout boy are better than this trash!!!!! and thats REALLY sayin somethin!!!!
    daryle_goh
    i've heard loads of people say "punk rock sucks". Punk rock doesn't suck. SP IS NOT PUNK. Real punk sounds nothing like this.
    fezaan66
    LISTEN U ASSHOLES I WAS KIDDING SIMPLE PLAN NEED THEIR BALLS REATTACHED GNR RULE SLASH IS THE KING
    fezaan66
    LISTEN ASSHOLES I WAS KIDDING SIMPLE PLAN SUCK AND NEED THEIR BALLS REATTACHED GNR AND SLASH RULE
    orange_juice
    oh ya, and dont diss old bands. they perfected music. bands like simple plan and greenday just destroy it.
    orange_juice
    I dunno WTF half of u are on about - no matter what Simple Plan RULES!!! they are the best band on the planet EVER!!! i dont no y everyone likes guns n roses and all the old man shit,, get real- all these oldies are done with ___ SIMPLE PLAN ROCKS!!
    LMAO you homo. simple plan sucks balls. I went on this review just so i could say that. SIMPLE PLAN SUCKS.
    steve16bball
    u guys r bein 2 hard on em, its called punk because thats what it is to them, thats how they classify their own music and i think they can do that better than you. their music is great, gets u goin and catchy, it aint meant for people hu are such snobs that they can't actually understand what it really is...that was just to the people who gave it a 2 or 3 cause i disagree simple plan is great and has a really refreshing stage presence....the concerts rock and so do their cds...although i didnt like the 3rd as much as the first 2