Still Not Getting Any... review by Simple Plan

• Released: Oct 26, 2004
Simple Plan: Still Not Getting Any...

The band has grown up alot since their debut album, no helmets no pads just balls. The sound was the same pop punk sound I expected. Fast guitars, snappy drums and good vocals from the frenchmen. Most songs where pop punk, and one or two might be classified as emo.

The lyrics where good. You can definately tell the band is growing up. 'Welcome To My Life' and 'Me Against The World' where probably my favourites off the album. Pierre and Chuck (I think) wrote most of the lyrics. The vocals meld with the guitars amazingly. The lyrics where pretty basic 'the world hates me', 'I can't get a girl' but they where still good.

The band's sophomore disc is good, sounding almost reminiscent of Blink 182, New Found Glory, and others. You can definately tell the musical background each member comes from. 'Welcome To My Life', 'Shut Up', and 'Me Against The World' where my favourite songs. I love the guitars Jeff actually used more than 3. There is also a dvd on the cd that shows the whole recording process which is cool. The only thing that get slightly annoying is pierres nasily voice, but it can be overcome. If this cd was stolen I'd find the bastard who took it and beat him to death with his own shoes.