Still Not Getting Any... review by Simple Plan

• Released: Oct 26, 2004
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Simple Plan: Still Not Getting Any...

This CD is very produced sounding. Meaning it sound clean with perfect recording quality. It's fast, with some very catchy riffs. Nice use of acoustic guitars. Despite the downer lyrics, it's very fun sounding. Songs like "Jump" and "Thank You" are fast and entergetic and will leave any pop punk fan smiling. "Promise" has a great guitar solo, for all you that said simple plan cant write one. One problem with it - it's short. Only 11 songs.

The lyrics are the bad part of this CD. Though they me be a little catchy at times, they are mosltly discustingly whiney. Like "Welcome To My Life" is a total downer, and says nothing but whine about how life aint fair. There are a couple good songs for lyics like "Jump" is fun and with no complaining. The singer has a great, clear voice. Once again, it's not him that sounds whiney, it's his lyics.

I would recomend this for any Blink 182, Bowling For Soup, or pop-punk fan. It beats their previous release as far as catchines goes by a mile. To sum it all up: music - good, lyrics - bad. I reccomend you download the standout tracks, rather than buying it because it is so short. The best are Shut Up, Thank You, Jump, and Promise. And remember these guys just graduated high school, theyre only 19. They are the real thing, not these 35 year old pop-punk bands pretending to be kids. Overall, if you liked simple plans "no helmet, no pads, just balls" CD, you'll like this.