Still Not Getting Any... review by Simple Plan

• Released: Oct 26, 2004
Simple Plan: Still Not Getting Any...

Punk is my favourite genre, and Simple Plan's version of it is okay, the band can fuse classic punk with a few unique elements. They've toured with such bands as The Used, Green Day, Good Charlotte, Blink 182, Rancid, Yellowcard, etc. So they've definitely learnt some good tricks, but I don't think this album shows SP as an extremely good band. Some songs are good, but the a number of them don't sound like anything, the band themselves aren't really special, the singing's just above average, the drumming is basic compared to Yellowcard, Blink 182, Green Day, Nirvana, so on. Guitars show a few very good riffs and effects, but the majority is just average common punk rock. Simple Plan is a just-above-average-near-very-good punk rock band in terms of sound.

Lyrics are okay, like the sound, some of them are really good, while others just suck, in "Thank You" they try to be grunge but they fail, "Me Against The World" is pretty much the same. Other songs are okay, not really a lot I can say about the lyrics. But I can definitely name other bands that write better lyrics: Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Blink 182, Yellowcard, Green Day.

In conclusion, this is an average album that you can add to your collection if you want to, but if you want really special stuff, you can look somewhere else, the sound and lyrics will dissapoint you if you're a prestigous punk listener, but if you're not, this album won't go too high on your list of favourites. If simple plan continue like this, they'll remain an average punk band.