Still Not Getting Any... review by Simple Plan

• Released: Oct 26, 2004
Simple Plan: Still Not Getting Any...

The sound sounds like nothing I have ever heard before. Every song has a dofferent tune, different beat and different style. From the fast rock beat from the song ' Shut Up' to the slow, calm but still just as good 'Untitled'. Each song is different in a good way.

I feel that the lyrics of the song describes the life of some kids very well. For instance, the song 'Jump', track number 7, speaks of being pressured from every side and being sick of all of it and not knowing what to do. therefor, Saying "I just want to jump". The song 'Everytime', track 8, speaks of leaving someone you dearly love.For example, if there is someone that you fall for in school and will do anything to that person and suddenly, you have to leave that school and your love one. And everytime you hear her name or see her face, it would bring back memories of all the good times you had with her when you were younger. You would probably do anything just for one more day with her. I think I would. The songs 'Welcome To My Life' and 'Perfect World' are also similar to the song 'Jump'. Talking about how your world seems to be falling apart and you can't do anything about it, only being able to wish for a perfect world.

When I compare this album to other artist, most people would say it is not that great. But I for one say that is one of the best things I have ver heard. I am impressed by the way the songs sound. The wonderful guitar solo in the song 'Promise'. The guitar intro in 'Me Against The World' apretty much every single song. I love the lyrics, the sound, the band, Everyting about it. If it was lost/stolen, I would most definately buy it back again.

kfong03
    simple plan doesn't rule, they're just good, but legend like Greenday, Nickelback, Nirvana and Sum 41 can own their freakin' asses 24-7
    kfong03
    x345x
    kfong03 wrote: I'm so dissillusioned by teenage girls that love some bands just because they have a "cute" singer, judge the music itself and not the singer.
    dude, im 13, and i love bands for their music, not how "hott" the lead singer is. Pierre could look like shit (which he doesn't) and i would still love the band.and all the other bands you mentioned.. well i love them all too, but SP is my favourite
    lovelikerain
    jj3501
    lovelikerain wrote: dude you suck, you have the worst musical opinion ever, what do oyu listen to, barnie and friends? simple plan has the most likelike heartbreaking head banging lyrics, and aparently you don't play guitar cause those are some insane runs in most of there songs..all in all you suck!
    insane runs? wtf? tell me one song and what part in the song that there is an INSANE run, and if it really is, i will suck my best friends cock.
    Perpetual Burn
    I'd like to see you guys head banging to Simple Plan. I'd give a lot to actually see that. I'd also give a lot to see the look on your faces when you maybe turn 16, and look back at how pathetic you were saying Simple Plan is the best.
    dark_falco3000
    O_o... listen to some Iron Maiden, Metallica and Dream Theater. Then you'll realise that SP doesn't know the meaning of the words "Insane runs". Seriously. John Petrucci ftw. Headbanging lyrics? First of all, you don't headbang to lyrics, you headband to music. Second of all, this is not headbanging music. The lyrics are lame and the songs are generic. The guitarist can't play for shit and the singer is whiney. You can barely hear the bass and the drums just don't grab your attention at all. Simple Plan just plain sucks.
    dark_falco3000
    also the review from Mike_rocka_boy seriously made me lol. First of all, they're not punk. They're barely pop-punk. They're just pop. Secondly, you'll get sick of that album. The music isn't timeless. Thirdly, this album does NOT impress metal fans. lmao. there's no talent behind the music at all, lyrically or musically. People who like metal would find nothing to like about this abysmal album.
    xMissMurderx
    I think that if you're going to bash a good band in a review, you should at least do it properly. Like I don't really think that calling Simple Plan some earlier than pop singers with pointy boobs ("Bunch of pre maddona's". . . "prima donnas", perhaps?) is going to get the point across. Stop being bitchy about honest music.
    pwninator123
    Perpetual Burn
    I'd like to point out one of the defining characteristics of the current 'pop' trend sounds...just like the singer in this band. No waaay, I thought punk was against all that popular stuff. I guess simple power chords had me convinced.
    guitarfreak222
    pwninator123 wrote: i'd like to point out one of the defining characteristics of Punk music is simple power chords and guitar/bass parts....that's the point
    No! What is wrong with the people of today? Punk can't be defined. Punk is being able to sing about whatever the f*ck you want. Punks is a type of music where people rebel and say "F*ck you!" to the Government whenever they want. On the other hand, this band is a JOKE. No talent whatsoever. These guys obviously don't put any bloody effort into they're songwriting. At this rate, anyone could be in a band making songs and being famous.
    The guitarist in this band fails. The lyrics are horrible and the singer has no balls. "headbanging lyrics".. LOL!