Suicide By My Side review by Sinergy

• Released: Feb 5, 2002
Sinergy: Suicide By My Side

Sinergy is a dark, goth metal band out from Finland with a couple of albums out (I'm pretty sure 4). They're sound is fu--king amazing. They really remind me of Iron Maiden. They have a nice, solid base with screaming solos throughout. My 2 favorite songs on "Suicide By My Side" are 'I Spit On Your Grave' and 'Suicide By My Side'. If you are a big fan of goth bands like AFI, HIM, etc or are even vaguely interested in Iron Maiden, you should check Sinergy out. Definately a five on sound.

The lyrics perfectly comply with the guitar and drums. Dark and gothic, the singer Kimberly Goss (yes the singer is a girl, but she kicks ass) tells stories of death and desperation through the songs on the CD. Awesome lyrics for a foreign band writing in english.

This album was great, and if you haven't heard Sinergy you should go buy this CD and check them out. If someone stole my CD, I'd go out and buy another one, if I could find it. Sinergy isn't as well known as other goth bands and bands in general here in America since they're from Finland. I'd definately buy this album again if it got lost or stolen. No doubt in my mind that this band'll make it big.

Zwart
    VERY GOOD BAND!!!!! And Alexi Laiho (children of bodom) is in it ! that's enough to know the guitar is f*cking goood
    ZombieModeRocks
    and dont forget Roope from cob is also in it. personally i think laiho laid down more impressive guitar work with this band then cob, i guess he don't have to worry bout vocal. but yea, kool band and always nice to hear more alexi
    dying2live_00
    Td_Nights
    dying2live_00 wrote: i totally agree. being in a power metal band alexi and roope are able to truly show off their technical guitar wizardry to their fullest abilities, you simply do not know their full potential until you have listened to this band. also back then they were in a master vs disciple situation, roope being a long time idol of alexi, so both of them were probably very much trying to impress each other.
    Yeah,I'd have to agree with that no doubts.I know that during shows (been to one for Sinergy before) that they used to have solo breaks where just Alexi and Roope would be just going at it nonstop really (And I mean Musically)
    Harrypit05
    Awesome lyrics for a foreign band writing in english
    Kimberly Goss is american so it's not a foreign lyracist writting in english
    moody git
    the reason i got into sinergy was the links they had with nightwish and children of bodom. IMO they are an aquired taste and closer to power metal than goth metal. great band/
    DanRocks3000
    ok the main thing that is absolutely amazing about sinergy, this review has left out. The guitarists are Alexi Laiho and Roope Latvala from Children Of Bodom and they both shred their ****ing asses off in every single sinergy song. The main riffs are laced with complex licks and bridges and then they wind up to monumental guitar solos. Its incredible.