Resources For Coping review by Single File Suicide

• Released: Apr 8, 2003
  • Users' score: 10 (1 vote)
Single File Suicide: Resources For Coping

This is a local band from Peoria that sounds like Meshuggah, Lamb Of God, and Chimaira put into a blender. Their new demo is more complex, better thought out, and overall written better than this album, but it still kicks ass. If you are a fan of the above mentioned bands, get this album. This cd consists of odd time signatures, weird guitar overdubs, stop and start mosh action, and an overall heavy attitude that is better than some of the "successful" big bands signed to labels. Buy this cd. Email me at dieiervonstn@hotmail.com for more info. To hear 2 of their new demo tracks, go to www.myspace.com/singlefilesuicide.

The singer is like 5 foot nothing, and sounds like he is a 7 foot, 350 pound barbarian. When my friend Jarod, guitarist for this band, tried out singers for this band, he thought "What is this kid doing trying out." Then he picked up the mic and blew the band away. His lyrics are great. Thought provoking, but the meanings are not completely hidden as, lets say, Maynard from Tool. On stage (which I have seen them many times) Dayne is so charismatic, similar to Randy Blythe from Lamb Of God. They also sound similar in vocal styles. Hitting himself with the mic, getting the crowd rowdy, starting mosh pits, etc is all part of Dayne's style.

Like I said before, fans of Lamb Of God, Chimaira, and Meshuggah, should pick up this cd. If it was stolen, I would just go to Jarod and get another one. I love how all the songs are heavier than the last one and the new demo is better than this cd. My favorite tracks are "Psychotropics" and "Asleep", although the whole cd is killer. I listen to it all the time, and the band are all great guys that make awesome music. Buy this cd!