A Kiss In The Dreamhouse Review

artist: Siouxsie and the Banshees date: 07/04/2011 category: compact discs

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Siouxsie and the Banshees: A Kiss In The Dreamhouse
Released: Nov 5, 1982
Genre: Post-Punk
Label: Polydor (UK & Europe), Geffen/Warner Bros. (USA)
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
A Kiss In The Dreamhouse Reviewed by: swave75, on july 04, 2011

Sound: Siouxsie And The Banshees experiment a lot on this release. And I guess due to that they considered this to be their best until "Peepshow". I actually think "Juju", "Hyaena", and "Tinderbox" are their best. "A Kiss In The Dreamhouse" is the last release to feature John McGeoch on guitar. They use a recorder on the song "Greeen Fingers", organ on "Painted Bird", harmonica on "Slowdive" as far as experimenting goes. The whole album has strange echoes throughout it. // 8

Lyrics: Siouxsie writes six of the tracks with bassist Steven Severin writing the other three. Like I said, they experimented heavily on this album. The strange beginning of "Painted Bird" is really awesome. "Cascade" sounds like a throwback from "Juju". It is sad that this is the last release to featured McGeoch. He really was the most artistically motivated guitar player in the Banshees history. While I said I prefer other releases by The Banshees, this is one that grows on me with every listen. // 8

Overall Impression: Looking back on it, this is probably their strangest album... And that says a lot! I would say "Painted Bird" and "Cascade" are hands down my favorite songs on this album. Not a big fan of the song "Cocoon". Should have been a b-side. If it were stolen I would buy it again since I love "Painted Bird" a lot. // 8

Comments