This Is Gonna Hurt review by Sixx:A.M.

• Released: May 3, 2011
Sixx:A.M.: This Is Gonna Hurt

The sound of this album is mind blowing. From the riffs to the drum beat. The hooks are there to catch your attention and the songs continue to follow through with no disappointment. The lyrics follow great story lines. They aren't songs that we don't know what the artist is trying to talk about. The storyline follows form the start of the song til the end.

The lyrics are powerful and meaningful. They deal with very rough topics that no one else has really talked about. From Teenage pregnency, to disfiguration, to how people view others. THe lyrics will hit home for anyone who has ever been judge or been labeled a "freak" or "ugly". James Michael brought his A game for this album with so many different styles.

The album as a whole was beautiful. I wouldn't be able to pick out a song that I dislike or that I would skip over. Comparing this to the "Heroin Diaries" is not even in the ball park. These two CDs are very different and picking which is better just isnt possible. I would buy this album over and over again if something happened to my copy. Bravo Nikki, DJ and James!

WyldeMan666
    no its a sixx a.m. song also totally differant but they share a title
    JennyvanSon
    really loved Heroin Dairies cause it sounded different. To my opinion, This is gonna hurt just sounds too mainstream
    batman131
    WyldeMan666 wrote: TheChaz wrote: batman131 wrote: Well I disagree, I think its an awesome album! Not only for the songs you mention, what about Help is on the way? Skin? Theyre just great! I waited this album for like 1 year, and Im not disappointed at all, it is more than I expected, but hey, thats just my opinion, it deserves more points, I would give it a 9.5 Help is on the Way is a Rise Against song... I don't think the reviewer proofread the review at all. Anyway, I've only heard "Lies of the Beautiful People." It's an alright song, but nothing that would make me want to listen to the rest of the album. The first one was good though. no its a sixx a.m. song also totally differant but they share a title
    thanks!! you are right
    batman131
    Someone already answer the first thing, Help is on the Way is also a Sixx Am song, you should listen it, its awesome, and ok, maybe you think "Lies" is an ok song, but that shouldnt stop you from hearing other songs, its just one song... if you want to see why I love this album so much just go and listen the whole thing, if you dont like it its ok
    COBHC_Cam
    Honestly I love this album and it definitely helps to get what is being said if you have read the new book. I give this album a 9/10 with such small tweeks this album could be perfect.