Que Corra La Voz review by Ska-P

• Released: May 4, 2004
Ska-P: Que Corra La Voz

Ska-P are one of the best ska bands I've heard. Their riffs are incredibly catchy. The first song on the album is called 'La Estampida' and is one of the most hyper songs I've heard. I couldn't sit still after hearing it. This to me is what ska should sound like. The songs are fast-paced, up-beat and cheery.

Well I am unable to speak or understand spanish, so I don't know how to rate the lyrics. They might be deep and meaningful or they might mean nothing. The singing is however pretty good for the style of music. He sounds like a mature speedy gonzalez to me due to the accent but I could imagine singing along to the choruses at a concert, or more accurately I could imagine mimicking the sound of the words as I wouldn't know what I'm saying. I gave them a 5 for lyrics because it would be biased to give them a 10 and giving a 1 would suggest they are dreadful but I can't judge that.

If you like Ska, get it. It is an upbeat album which really makes you feel good, if somewhat hyper. The best songs are probably 'La Estampida', 'Mis Colegas', and 'Welcome to Hell'. I love the overall sound of the band, I just wish I could understand what they are saying. If it were stolen or lost, I would definately buy it again, and maybe another copy too in case the new one went missing too.