Que Corra La Voz Review

Ska-P: Que Corra La Voz
Release Date: May 4, 2004
Label: BMG International
Genres: Latin Pop
It is an upbeat album which really makes you feel good, if somewhat hyper.
 Lyrics: 6.5
 8.6
 7.7
 9.5
reviews (2) user comments vote for this album:
Que Corra La Voz Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 23, 2009

Sound: Ska-P is, without a doubt, one of the best ska bands in the market. Their upbeat style, many times mixed with either punk or traditional spanish music, is absolutely contagious. The introduction of 'Intifada' is wonderful, and the instrumentals of 'Welcome to Hell' or 'Solamente por Pensar' are great. If you like ska or punk rock, you'll love this album. // 8

Lyrics: In terms of lyrics, Ska-P is a spanish version of Rage Against the Machine. Their lyrics are heavily political, often displaying left-wing or anarchist views. 'Intifada' is supporting the Palestinian struggle against Israel, while 'Welcome to Hell' is about racial discrimination in the United States. 'El Nio Soldado' is a wonderful song about the child soldiers of African and Middle-Eastern countries, while the lighter 'Mis Colegas' is about friendship and comradery. Coupled with the singer's good voice and the wonderful instrumentals, the lyrics fit very well into their sound. // 8

Overall Impression: As I said before, any ska and punk rock fan will like this album. Mixing the two genres in its very own sound, Ska-P has become one of the most famous and influental spanish bands ever. Highlights are 'Intifada', 'El Nio Soldado' and 'Welcome to Hell'. I recommend purchasing this album. // 8

Que Corra La Voz Reviewed by: 100%_of_nothing, on july 30, 2007

Sound: Ska-P are one of the best ska bands I've heard. Their riffs are incredibly catchy. The first song on the album is called 'La Estampida' and is one of the most hyper songs I've heard. I couldn't sit still after hearing it. This to me is what ska should sound like. The songs are fast-paced, up-beat and cheery. // 9

Lyrics: Well I am unable to speak or understand spanish, so I don't know how to rate the lyrics. They might be deep and meaningful or they might mean nothing. The singing is however pretty good for the style of music. He sounds like a mature speedy gonzalez to me due to the accent but I could imagine singing along to the choruses at a concert, or more accurately I could imagine mimicking the sound of the words as I wouldn't know what I'm saying. I gave them a 5 for lyrics because it would be biased to give them a 10 and giving a 1 would suggest they are dreadful but I can't judge that. // 5

Overall Impression: If you like Ska, get it. It is an upbeat album which really makes you feel good, if somewhat hyper. The best songs are probably 'La Estampida', 'Mis Colegas', and 'Welcome to Hell'. I love the overall sound of the band, I just wish I could understand what they are saying. If it were stolen or lost, I would definately buy it again, and maybe another copy too in case the new one went missing too. // 8

Comments