Forty Seasons: The Best Of Skid Row review by Skid Row

• Released: Nov 3, 1998
Skid Row: Forty Seasons: The Best Of Skid Row

40 Seasons: Best of Skid Row was an compilation album released by Skid Row in 1998, it included great Skid Row hits from previous "Skid Row" and "Slave To The Grind" albums like "18 and Life", "Youth Gone Wild", "Monkey Buisness" and "I Remember You", the album reached multi-platinum status. After the album was released Sebastian Bach left because of artistic diffreneces and major criticism from fans and critics alike. The album has all the best tracks from the "Bach Era" and a few unreleased and remixed songs. But the album was only compiled by one band member Rachel Bolan so some of the track picked have been more biased to Bolan written tracks which in turn has left out some great songs like "Wasted Time" and "Darkened Room".

It's got the classic sound of Skid Row in all the tracks but a few of the bonus tracks don't deserve to be on the "Best Of" album but have been put on there because only Bolan was in charge of making it with Bach leaving the band returning it to its original line-up.

Their is a real treat for true Skid Row with great unreleased tracks that in my opinion should have been put on previous albums. As I said before there is many songs written by Bolan on here because Bolan compiled it so some great songs have been left out but there is a balance between great mainstream tracks and great tracks that only true fans would appreciate but the is a great album for casual fans and hardcore Skid Row fans.

sevenchurches
    Yeah, I bought this after listening to the same 4 Skid Row tracks fr 6 months and it's seriously good shit Breakin' Down and Forever are class
    toineman
    i'm glad that it includes 5 songs from their greatest yet most underrated album Subhuman Race. The order of the songs is great as it shows their drastic change in sound from hard-hittin' glam metal to thrash metal. My favorites off this album are Youth Gone Wild, Monkey Business, The Threat, and Frozen