Slave To The Grind review by Skid Row

• Released: Jun 11, 1991
Skid Row: Slave To The Grind

One of the 1st albums, in my opinion, to set off the screaming era. With the metal masters on the guitars, Scotti Hill and Dave 'Snake' Sabo, and the lyrical genius of Sabastian Bach and Rachel Bolan, the music came together. With metal hits like, Slave to the Grind, Monkey Business, and The Threat, and the ballads: Quicksand Jesus, In a Darkened Room, and Wasted Time, this album is truly one of the greats in rock history.

The lyrics are awesome, that's all I know to say there. They mean something different to everybody. Like me, take Slave to the Grind for instance, don't get pushed around, left behind, or beat down, stand up and kick some ass. So when you listen to this album, think about what I said. Stand up for what you believe, cause that's all youve really got, you're hopes and dreams, and that's all you need. So live life to the fullest, and do what you love.

Nowadays, this album is hardly recognized by the metal scene, except to die hard '80s fans like myself, but people need to listen to it to grasp the full essence of metal cause Skid Row helped start it all. No one realizes that. I mean, come on I was raised on this. In my crib. And I'm only 17, so what's that say? Rock is far from dead, were bringin it back, and God knows, we need it right now. Cause, look at all this Rap and Pop crap around. That's my impression, bring it back.

MLB0226
    awesome! This makes iron maiden look like a bunch of old farts running around in spandex!!
    the_hoodster
    And I'm only 17
    I'm 14 n i bought every album from the bach era, n i got 'B-Side Ourselves' too. I can't believe how good this band is! I could listen to their songs over and over again for days and wouldn't get tired of hearing them! One of the best