Alien Youth review by Skillet

• Released: Aug 28, 2001
Skillet: Alien Youth

I am madly in love with Skillet for what they make in general an amazing testament to music. Although none of their music is revoltingly difficult, it still sounds awesome - and you can't beat a band who is generally deeply in love with Christ. And what is with all the people who are so frigging offended by Relient K talking about God? They're a Christian band. If you don't want to her about God don't listen to Christian music.

I'm not going to let the fact that I am also madly in love with John Cooper bias my view of their lyrics - lets face it, they're totally awesome. I mean they are so real you can touch them, if that isn't just the most cliche thing you've ever heard. But really, they just generally rock my socks.

John Cooper, moving guitar riffs (and totally playable, but is that a fault?), gritty metal with absolutely beautiful lyrics, I recommend Skillet to anyone and their dog. So yeah over and out.

The_blind_kid
    You call them metal riffs but classify it as "Gospel"? "Gospel" doesn't make me want to listen to them. If I didn't know they were metal. I'd never listen to them at all because you told me thay were "Gospel." People listen to Christian Metal, but no one likes "Gospel" I'm just glad I bought their music before I reead this review. Gospel. Bleh.
    chroniclesofgod
    this band is really good. i love the melody to the thirst is taking over. it sends across a great message. their love for the lord is amazing and i hope they keep making records as good as this one.