Alien Youth Review

artist: Skillet date: 08/18/2004 category: compact discs

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ad free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Skillet: Alien Youth
Released: Aug 28, 2001
Genre: Gospel
Alien Youth isn't just a great record; it serves as a voice to a generation of those seeking answers.
 9.2
 9.3
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Alien Youth Reviewed by: cassietrumbley, on august 18, 2004

Sound: I am madly in love with Skillet for what they make in general an amazing testament to music. Although none of their music is revoltingly difficult, it still sounds awesome - and you can't beat a band who is generally deeply in love with Christ. And what is with all the people who are so frigging offended by Relient K talking about God? They're a Christian band. If you don't want to her about God don't listen to Christian music. // 8

Lyrics: I'm not going to let the fact that I am also madly in love with John Cooper bias my view of their lyrics - lets face it, they're totally awesome. I mean they are so real you can touch them, if that isn't just the most cliche thing you've ever heard. But really, they just generally rock my socks. // 10

Overall Impression: John Cooper, moving guitar riffs (and totally playable, but is that a fault?), gritty metal with absolutely beautiful lyrics, I recommend Skillet to anyone and their dog. So yeah over and out. // 10

Comments