Alien Youth Review

artist: Skillet date: 08/18/2004 category: compact discs
Skillet: Alien Youth
Released: Aug 28, 2001
Genre: Gospel
Alien Youth isn't just a great record; it serves as a voice to a generation of those seeking answers.
 9.2
 9.3
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Alien Youth Reviewed by: cassietrumbley, on august 18, 2004

Sound: I am madly in love with Skillet for what they make in general an amazing testament to music. Although none of their music is revoltingly difficult, it still sounds awesome - and you can't beat a band who is generally deeply in love with Christ. And what is with all the people who are so frigging offended by Relient K talking about God? They're a Christian band. If you don't want to her about God don't listen to Christian music. // 8

Lyrics: I'm not going to let the fact that I am also madly in love with John Cooper bias my view of their lyrics - lets face it, they're totally awesome. I mean they are so real you can touch them, if that isn't just the most cliche thing you've ever heard. But really, they just generally rock my socks. // 10

Overall Impression: John Cooper, moving guitar riffs (and totally playable, but is that a fault?), gritty metal with absolutely beautiful lyrics, I recommend Skillet to anyone and their dog. So yeah over and out. // 10

Comments