Collide review by Skillet

• Released: May 25, 2004
Skillet: Collide

Skillet is in my opinion the best post-grunge, metal Christian band making music these days. Their unique blend of guitars and symphonic score is remarkable and brings back a taste of Linkin Park. Their vocalist has a voice that anyone can like. The album starts off with 'Forsaken' a really hard rock track with an awesome guitar intro. the CD then goes into the single, 'Savior' but slows down at the powerful 'A Little More' which is my favorite song on the album. Half way through the album is the title song 'Collide' which has more keyboards then any other song on the CD and the most uncreative lyrics. The CD closes off with 'Cycle Down' which is probobly one of the best songs on the album.

The lyrics are remarkable and are very agreeable to any one, Christian or not you'll be able to fall in love with Skillet. The lyrics fit in with the music, they are in your face type lyrics that most metal bands need bt they also have a soft side at times that fits in well to cover all areas of music. The singer has an amazing voice but I think that they should have had the girl sing more like in their new single 'Rebirthing' off of their new CD Comatose.

This is one of the hardest CDs I own, general music wise, not lyrically. There is nothing wrong with this album and I incourage everyone to buy it and their new album Comatose which I am going to purchase soon as well. If you really want to hear good songs off of this ablum, I encourage you to listen to 'Under My Skin' and 'Cycle Down' this is an album worth buying twice so if you need to get a gift for your friend or family, this is and idea because everyone can agree with it.

TFK_62
    I first heard Skillet on my friends anime video, but I didn't know who it was. Then another friend got into Skillet and I found out the song was called Collide.... now I'm hooked.
    I-Z
    This is the best Rock christian band ever!..and in my opinion one of the best Rock groups out right now!! they are amazing
    le screamist
    They're without a doubt the best christian hard rock band ever, but the blantant, propaganda esque themes of christianity are hard to put up with.